Biosafety Training - For Users (RG2/3)
This training is mandatory for all personnel who will be working with Risk Group 2 (RG2) and/or RG3 biological agents.
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) offers biosafety courses on various topics including but not limited to the basic biosafety principles, risks of manipulating microbiological agents, containment equipment and safe operation practices. The uOttawa Biosafety Program mandates that personnel who will be working with RG2 and/or RG3 agents must complete the designated four PHAC courses (listed below) with the submission of a Biohazardous Materials User Registration (BMUR) form to become an authorized user. Retention of this training record is also required by the regulators.
Please follow the guideline below to complete the Biosafety Training – RG2/3.
- Create a new account on the PHAC Training web page (left side of the page “create a new account”)
- Once access is granted, log in and go to “Laboratory Biosafety and Biosecurity” - “Principles of Laboratory Biosafety”
- Complete the appropriate courses*:
- General Safety For Containment Labs
- Containment Level 2 Operational Practices
- Biological Safety Cabinets
- Biomedical Waste Management Program
- Download/print the Certificates
- Receive practical training from your PI or lab delegate and complete a BMUR form
- Submit BMUR form to firstname.lastname@example.org with all four PHAC Certificates attached
*Other topics that are applicable to your lab work should also be completed upon discussion with your supervisor.
If you have a technical problem contact PHAC directly as they retain all control over their training web site. For any other questions, feel free to contact email@example.com.
Take The Quiz (for refresher training only)
For more information
Tel: 613-562-5892 X 3153
This workshop is bilingual, which means French, English or both languages will be used, depending the preference of the participants.Therefore, you must be able to understand and follow instructions in both official languages.
You may ask questions in your language of choice and will be answered in that language.
- Your request must be approved by a supervisor.
- Delivery mode