You are the University’s first line of defence in IT security.
As a uOttawa employee, you have access to sensitive information relating to academics, research and administration. This self-paced online training will show you the fundamentals and best practices when it comes to protecting University information and devices against digital attacks.
Digital Self-Defence training is mandatory for all employees.
The training modules will help you:
- Identify security risks related to data and personal information
- Learn about digital privacy and security best practices and policies
- Protect personal and University information
- Store information, protect electronic devices and share data securely
- Know what to do when facing an IT security risk
Help protect uOttawa information. Be aware. Stay secure.
- For information only
- University of Ottawa's employee
- Saint Paul University
- Work Study Students
- CUPE Students
- TA / RA non-union
- Soft Funded Bursary
- By invitation only
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- Delivery mode
You can complete this training in either English or French, depending on your preference.
If you have any accessibility needs, please contact the service offering the workshop as soon as possible so we can ensure your accessibility needs are met (see your invitation for contact information