You are the University’s first line of defence in IT security.
As a uOttawa employee, you have access to sensitive information relating to academics, research and administration. This self-paced online training will show you the fundamentals and best practices when it comes to protecting University information and devices against digital attacks.
Digital Self-Defence training is mandatory for all permanent, full-time, non-teaching staff.
The training modules will help you:
- Identify security risks related to data and personal information
- Learn about digital privacy and security best practices and policies
- Protect personal and University information
- Store information, protect electronic devices and share data securely
- Know what to do when facing an IT security risk
Help protect uOttawa information. Be aware. Stay secure.
- Support Staff University of Ottawa
- Information Technology Professionals of the University of Ottawa
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- Delivery mode
You can complete this training in either English or French, depending on your preference.